Sunday 25 March 2012

In My Mailbox #1

In My Mailbox @ The Story Siren


We're really excited to show you the books we've recevied this week and to join the Story Siren's In My Mailbox for the first time. 

We love to get books and sometimes find it hard to choose so few. This week we have 4 books, all for Little M.

Little M enjoyed the first in the Maximum Ride series so much and she was delighted to borrow a copy of Maximum Ride School's Out Forever by James Patterson from a school friend.  But by the time of writing this IMM, she'd already finished it!

The next book was received as congratulations for a couple of things. Lauren St John's Dolphin Song looks just up her street - an adventure and animals by an author she knows she likes.

The final two were picked up in Oxfam.  She's read the first in Monica Dickens' World's End series and has been desperate to read some more so World's End in Winter and Summer at World's End are sure to go down a treat. They're no longer in print and these editions were published in 1972 and 1973! They've been recommended by me as books I enjoyed reading when I was at school.  It's about a family of children who live in a derelict house with a bunch of animals...What more could you ask for?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just came across your blog, but I love that you two blog together!

    Hope you enjoy all your books!

    Patricia // My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patricia, So glad you like our blog. Yes, we are enjoying the books. We love the World's End series and Little M loves Maximum Ride. Hope you enjoy yours too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.