Friday 16 March 2012

Little M Review - Divergent

This book is the first book in Veronica Roth’s trilogy about Tris and the world she lives in. 16 year old Tris has to make her choice. It happens to every 16 year old. They have to decide which faction they should go to. There are five factions and they are Abnegation, Candor, Erudite, Amity and Dauntless. She currently is in Abnegation, she can’t look in mirrors or be noticeable, but her choice will decide how to look and how to act after that. She has to choose where she should spend the rest of her life. Once she has made her choice she can’t turn back otherwise she will be factionless (homeless).

I really like Tris because she has a brilliant working mind and can be very strong willed when she wants to be.

The story will keep you trying to guess what will happen next, but you might not be that right. It will make you laugh and cry at different points, but it will make you SO want to read the next book.  Before you know it you will have finished the book and will desperately want the second.

I first came across the book via my wonderful Mum when she was looking for books for herself and me. And found this book on Amazon she told me about it, but said it wasn’t out in paperback. But a few months later we were in Waterstone’s in London and bumped in to it. So that’s how I found it.

Gripping, heart pounding can’t put down book. Amazing writer, full of emotion and romance. Brilliant for teens and young adults. There is a bit of violence, but is not too gory. Good for 12 years and up.

Let me know if you think you might read it.

The second book has not yet been published but is coming out on the 1st May 2012.

Publisher details:
Harper Collins, 2011, London

3 comments:

  1. After reading your review you have really whet my apertite to read this one. Please keep me posted on your latest book reviews. I will let you know my comments once I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the book too. I think my favourite bits are the early chapters and the build up to Tris making her choice. I suppose they were all used to it but imagine if you were the first bunch of 16 year olds who had to make the choice. That would have been really, really tough. What would I have chosen?

    Personally, I would have preferred the book without butterknives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the butterknives part, but other wise the book was brilliant.

      If you read this comment then you will find out what we mean by "it didn't need the butterknives" when you read the book.

      Delete

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.