Friday 24 August 2012

Little M's Review - Girl, Missing

Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie


Girl, Missing by Sophie McKenzie
Girl, Missing is about a fourteen year old girl called Lauren.  She is an adopted daughter who wants to know more about her past. She looks in some diaries that belong to her ‘mum’ and finds something to do with her past in America. And after reading the diaries, she cannot stop thinking about her ‘real’ family. So she wants to go to America (with her friend Jam) to find her adoption place because she’s been looking for ages because of her school project.  And she goes on the internet and finds this missing children website and…….

I enjoyed it an awful lot.  It showed how much some children who are adopted want to know who their biological family is. I enjoyed this book because the story went somewhere halfway across the world and she’s only fourteen. It doesn’t seem possible that a fourteen year old can do that. I felt proud of Lauren. How could she persuade her mum into taking them to America? I’d never be able to do that (I wish!). I cried in some emotional parts of the book.

My favourite character was Madison because she accepts someone as how she is. I can’t say more because it will give away too much.

I would recommend this book to people who are new to teen books because it is not too teeny (kissing and things – there’s a bit but not so you’d go eulghh). This book is almost like an investigation, a mystery (there is kidnapping but hardly any violence). I think this is suitable for Year 7 onwards.

I can’t wait to read the next book in the series – Sister, Missing.

Publication details:
Simon and Schuster, 2006, London,  paperback

Copy: my own





4 comments:

  1. I really need to read some of Sophie McKenzie's books. Especially this series it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab review, I haven't read any of Sophie McKenzie's book and I think this needs to be corrected post haste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :) I read this book last year and really enjoyed it. Now there's been two sequels to it and I really must get on to reading those.

    Sophie McKenzie is just one of those authors that I mean to read all of her books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book makes you look at the world in a different way .
    its a must have read for all young people !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.