Monday 10 June 2013

Race the Wind - Little M's review

Race the Wind by Lauren St John
Reviewed by Little M (13)
 


Race the Wind by Lauren St JohnRace the Wind is the second novel in Lauren St. John's horse trilogy. Casey Blue and her horse, Storm Warning, have won Badminton horse trials and have been offered a place at the Kentucky three day event in America. Her father has been accused of a crime which he says he hasn't done. The evidence that show he has not committed the crime is missing. A blackmailer approaches Casey and says she and Storm must win Kentucky or her father will not be released.

I loved the plot and I think the little romance between Casey and Peter was really sweet. Lauren shows how a horse and a girl connect and trust each other. She also shows that when you ride horses there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. I didn't have a favourite character in this book but I found that they all were mostly believable but some were a tiny bit cheesy.

I preferred The One Dollar Horse which is the first novel in the series. This novel seemed to be aimed at a much younger audience than The One Dollar Horse, which is strange because it is the same series. I would recommend Race the Wind to 11/12 year olds, maybe a bit older because of some of the events which take place in the novel. But the style of writing seems to be aimed at a younger audience.

I would like to read the next book even though this one wasn't my favourite. I do love good horsey books.

Publication details: 2013, Orion Children’s Books, London, hardback
This copy: received for review from the publisher

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this, Little M. I was a big fan of the first, so I think I'll try and pick this one up too as I love a good horsey book as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! We'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment. You need to fill out the word captcha too because of spam. Your comment will be visible after approval.